The perfect T-shirt - Freelance Frugality Fashion | West Village : The perfect T-shirt - Freelance Frugality Fashion

Tuesday 21 April 2015

The perfect T-shirt - Freelance Frugality Fashion

I can declare that the everyday, simple, affordable T-shirt has died a death. Now it's all linen v-necks, slouchy shoulders, frayed edges and peplum hems on the high street.

Designers like Rag & Bone, American Vintage and James Perse have been left to furnish us plebs with durable basics at an average of £80 a pop. Spending that kind of wedge on a white t-shirt seems rather excessive by my freelance frugality standards.

I just want a T-shirt that I can throw on in the morning and then chuck in the wash at the end of the day without it mutating into a shapeless sack. One that I am not going to care too much if it gets splattered by toddler detritus and one that isn't completely see through.

A few days ago I was catching up on Selfish Mother, and found this sexy number in their shop - it's £20, made of soft lightweight cotton and comes in 5 colours. Mine arrived today and it's cut perfectly -  well proportioned sleeves, the right level of neck scoopage and not too baggy.

Another nice touch is that 10% of all sales from each t-shirt goes to charity. The Selfish Mother blogzine has been steadily raising thousands of pounds for the Womenforwomen organisation through the sale of their #mothertee which as become a bit of a thing on Instagram.


In other freelance frugality fashion news, I stumbled into my local branch of TK Maxx to find out what all the fuss was about and I scored BIG. Check out these gorgeous silk crepe Marni cropped trousers with button down front. I paid £25. Freelance Frugality win. 



No comments :

01 ; 04 var bs_pinButtonPos = "center"; 05 var bs_pinPrefix = ""; 06 var bs_pinSuffix = ""; 07 //]]> 08 10