Village Life #1 - Sharing my 3 kinds of happy | West Village : Village Life #1 - Sharing my 3 kinds of happy

Thursday 14 May 2015

Village Life #1 - Sharing my 3 kinds of happy

Welcome to my new weekly series called VILLAGE LIFE where I share the top 3 things that made me happy this week.

1/ BEGIN AGAIN

I know what you're thinking, Keira Knightley...seriously? Yes, seriously, she's ok in this. Begin Again is a sweet low budget indie film with a big heart. Bringing Mark Ruffalo back to his alternative roots, he plays Dan Mulligan, an ex-record company executive turned crusader fighting against the homogenisation of the music industry. Trust me, you'll be cheering him on with laughter and tears.

Set in hot and humid summertime New York, the central themes of self-preservation, love and sticking it to the man rang very true to me. And if you won't take my word for it, the picky Mark Kermode gave it 4-stars for its "ramshackle charm".

Available on Netflix,  DigitalHD, Blu-ray and DVD



2/ TONKOTSU

When I worked in Soho Square last year, I must have visited this little ramen bar 20 times. The pork stock is phenomenally good and those soft boiled eggs just melt in your mouth. I'm salivating just writing about them. Tonkotsu sparked a noodle revolution in London two years ago and in my humble opinion, it remains the best in town. I never leave without buying Mr R, their famed chilli oil. So when I found myself on Dean Street at 12.30pm yesterday, it would've been rude not to.

63 Dean Street, London W1D 4QG



3/ NORTHERN DAD BLOG

I stumbled across this Dad after his bowl of crap post had the blogosphere chortling away to itself in full recognition that most households have one. He also writes about the perils of changing a teenage boy's bedsheets and wearing his skin tight cycling kit on the school drop off. Effortless parenting he calls it.

https://northerndad.wordpress.com




No comments :

01 ; 04 var bs_pinButtonPos = "center"; 05 var bs_pinPrefix = ""; 06 var bs_pinSuffix = ""; 07 //]]> 08 10