Take a pew | West Village : Take a pew

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Take a pew

Once I'd plopped Bobble into his weekly playgroup, I was left on my own with no job and my whole life ahead of me. An unexpected wave of 'the fear' took over. What now? I looked down at my knackered old Oyster card knowing that she had one full day of credit left...and decided to take her one for last spin before she turns into a 'Pay-As-You-Go'.


Trusty companion
Richmond Hill was deserted
Kevin's lucky enough to have a bench on the Hill

Bought this spooky chic one from Anthropologie to adorn the tree

Found these guys in my pocket - hiding from John Lewis

I stood at the Aloe Vera counter at Whole Foods trying another sample of the latest drinks craze, apparently this one had less bits in it so you're not likely to gag quite as much. Shoppers were lapping it up along with buckets of chia seeds and organic festive gingerbread houses.

MUST BUY MORE...MORE...MORE..MORE! screamed all the shop windows, jingle jangle, bingle bangle, blah blah blah...

It was then I realised that I was doing my first day 'off' all wrong. The Christmas factory can wait. No one is watching (not even Santa). I am the master of my own destiny.

Half an hour later, I'm home watching a film about ageing, unfulfilled dreams, broken marriages and immortality. A perfect mid life movie for days such as these. With all its imperfections Before Midnight never fails to cheer me up. It's a reminder to be true to yourself and those you love. True love takes time, as does getting used to freelancing.



No comments :

01 ; 04 var bs_pinButtonPos = "center"; 05 var bs_pinPrefix = ""; 06 var bs_pinSuffix = ""; 07 //]]> 08 10